Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Pre-Shot Plan - Turn It to Your Advantage

Those few seconds between the time you tee up the golf ball, or approach the ball on the fairway, and actually hit it will most likely determine how successful the shot is going to be. Will that be a time when those mind games creep in, causing you to lose focus? By utilizing your pre-shot plan that is tailored to you, there will only be time for you to concentrate on the job at hand. So why does every good golfer have an effective pre-shot plan? Because it works!

Essentially, your pre-shot plan is really a series of checkpoints, thoughts, movements, and attention to particulars just before hitting a golf shot. It should be exclusive to every golfer, and it's also best when it fits the golfer's personality. To put it differently, when a golfer throughout his daily routine moves through life in warp-speed, he'd not utilize a slow, methodical routine. Similarly, if you are a more deliberate person, that slower routine would fit you better.

So what would your pre-shot plan look like? Since I can only stress how important it is and what components go into it, I can't explain to you what is perfect for you. Therefore I will describe what I do before every shot, and maybe you may draw some ideas.

1.Previous to choosing a club, I stand behind the ball and picture the shot. That doesn't mean only distance. I take into account wind direction and strength, the way the ball is carrying on that day, how I have been previously striking the ball, and I leave a margin for error away from problem areas.

2.Choose a club. Even though I had already pre-decided my golf club prior to visualizing my shot, I always carry a couple, and occasionally three, additional clubs with me. If I change my mind after choosing the proper shot, endeavoring to hit that shot using a club I am uncomfortable with will in all probability end up poorly. That's exactly why I always prefer to walk the course if possible; all of your tools are always there with you.

3.Choose your target. I actually do this from behind the ball, then I align a spot about five feet on line and in front of the golf ball. That's where I will set my stance and my clubface to. I've discovered through practice that this provides me with a more consistent set-up to my target.

4.Prior to setting my feet, I fix the club on the exact place I would like it to hit the ball. I know that in case something mechanical fails with my swing, much can be corrected with a proper ball strike. I then set my front foot to the ball, then my back foot.

5.Then after one last glance at the target, to trigger the swing (I believe this is important) I slightly press the hands forward prior to drawing the club into the backswing. This "trigger" provides a consistent starting place to begin the swing.

As I said before, your pre-shot plan is personal, so you must work out what fits best for you. But to play your most consistent golf, you must address this very important aspect of golf.

The article is from http://okgolfsales.blogspot.com/ Also, we recommend some goodsTaylormade golf clubs to you. Thanks for reading my article!

I am a golfer! If you want to Choose discount golf clubs for sale such a TaylorMade Tour Burner Irons TaylorMade R9 TP Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred IronsTaylorMade R9 SuperMax Irons and TaylorMade R11 Irons you may also visit thehttp://okgolfsales.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dental Blog List