Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hietala wins first Nationwide Tour title


Hietala wins first Nationwide Tour title

Updated: March 27, 2005, 8:28 PM ET
Associated Press
BROUSSARD, La. -- Ryan Hietala won his first Nationwide Tour title on his home course Sunday, closing with a 4-under 68 at the Le Triomphe Country Club for a one-stroke victory over Sean O'Hair in the Louisiana Open.
"It's very special to do it here," said Hietala, who finished at 18-under 270 and earned $90,000. "Not only to do it in front of family and friends, but in front of my sponsors as well makes it even more special."
The 31-year-old Hietala, who holed a 70-foot chip for birdie on the fourth hole, parred the final five holes, including a tap-in on the final hole.
"People always say it hasn't sunk in yet or it may take two weeks for it to sink in, but I'm pretty sure mine sunk in when I tapped in," he said. "The tap-in was the most special putt ever for me, especially considering the adrenaline I felt. The last three holes was the most pressure I've ever felt but that made it even more special."
O'Hair finished with a 65 to earn $54,000.
"Ryan kind of egged me on and I hope I pushed him some," O'Hair said. "I was comfortable playing out here this week and that was the key. It's the best week of my golf career so far."
Danny Ellis (67) and Vance Veazey (71) tied for third at 13-under.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dental Blog List